Field Installation Engineer
ezWireless, a nationally recognized leader in wireless broadband communications, is seeking a Field Installation Engineer for its Portland, Oregon location. The ideal candidate possesses a balance of personal, technical and troubleshooting skills, takes initiative and is passionately enthusiastic about wireless technology. The position provides an opportunity for a unique hands-on technology experience.
The Field Installation Engineer has a hands-on technical role and is a key part of ezWireless’ network integration team for IP microwave, Wireless LAN, broadband, and surveillance systems.
Work as part of a network integration team installing IP microwave, Wireless LAN, broadband, and surveillance equipment at customer sites. Other areas of responsibility include providing support for existing wireless broadband networks, and general work related duties.
- Installation of telecommunication equipment
- Microwave radio and antenna systems, multipoint wireless broadband systems, Wireless LAN (WiFi) Access Points and controllers
- Ethernet switches, routers, network appliances and surveillance cameras
- Equipment cabinets, racks, data cabling, networking equipment and UPSs
- Configuration of equipment
- Program radios and broadband systems
- Pre-configure equipment with IP addresses and other configurations before deployment
- Upgrade firmware on radios and other network components as requested
- Perform field configuration, verify proper system function compared to spec
- Support, maintain and troubleshoot wireless broadband networks and systems:
- Respond to, troubleshoot and network outages or performance issues and resolve faults with hardware, mounting, cabling or system configuration
- Keep up-to-date records and assemble on-site and off-site documentation
- Fielding customer support calls from varied levels of customers
- Assist with work related project implementations as assigned
Technical Skills Qualifications
- Strong technical troubleshooting, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Working understanding of the TCP/IP and the OSI model
- Experienced with installation, troubleshooting and optimization of wireless LAN networks
- Experienced with installation of telecommunication equipment (microwaves, antenna systems, equipment cabinets, racks, data cables, networking equipment, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with broadband wireless systems (point-to-point and point-to-multipoint) and wireless LAN (WiFi) technologies
- Ability to configure equipment (radios, other network devices) using a laptop and web GUI or command-line interface
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office software Suite
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be willing to travel to job sites in the Pacific Northwest area.
- Minimum associate degree, or equivalent work experience
- Networking certifications or training a plus
- Tower climbing experience a plus
- 3 – 5 years working experience in related field
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Job will require the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and heights (roof tops, towers, etc) Work will be performed at customer site and will require the ability to travel up to 60% via automobile and airplane (transportation provided or reimbursed), and may require periodically working outside normal hours. Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company and be a part of a world-class team
- Ongoing training on cutting edge wireless, network solutions and IP based systems
- Benefits package & 401 (k)
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.